27 July 2012

Aveeno: Daily Moisturizing Lotion review

Aveeno? Avee-yes! Meet my new bestfriend. He's sheer, creamy and oh-so effective.
I'll be honest, my skin hasn't been so great these past days. It's been dry from the heat, and thanks to the vast amounts of BP I've been slathering on (See the Daniel Kern Regimen) I've had a serious case of the flakies(*). I went out one day in pursuit of a soothing moisturizer to calm everything down: enter Aveeno. This moisturizer doesn't actually say to use it on the face, but thanks to all the great reviews on MakeupAlley I felt comfortable enough to do so.

The moisturizer itself contains oatmeal extract, a proven calming agent which soothes the skin. It's fragrance and paraben free (Which is nice to see in a drugstore product), although it does contain alcohol which is a little annoying. The product itself is quite sheer, although it does take a good ten minutes to absorb into your skin so bare that in mind if you plan to apply foundation on top. It's gentle, hasn't caused/aggravated my spots and the best bit really, is that it's very cheap. A bottle of 300ml costs only £5.10 from Boots. I was torn between this and the Shiseido 'Moisturizing Emulsion' ( £33.50), and I'm glad I chose this. While it doesn't get rid of my dry skin completely, I find it's most useful for calming it. The burning and itching associated with BP *Benzoyl Peroxide* goes away almost immediately after I put this on, and the flakes of dry skin *eww* lump up making them easy to extract. 




This is after I rubbed it in, after leaving it a few moments it will completely dissapear
(*) If you're on the Regimen or your skin is feeling dry and tight from the use of skincare products, try adding a few drops of Jojoba Oil to your moisturizer. Very effective!!

OX